1051 Victoria Avenue
250 364-0888 or 250 368-6484
Take a virtual tour of the facility
Home to the Trail Smoke Eaters Junior A hockey team, the Trail Memorial Centre houses two ice surfaces, a large gymnasium, racquetball and squash courts, several meeting rooms, a large scale commercial kitchen facility, the hockey Hall of Memories, and the Trail Public Library.
The Trail Memorial Centre has been home to numerous hockey players and athletes that have gone on to national and international fame. The facility has hosted many major exhibition hockey games featuring both the Canadian Men's and Women's National Teams, the Soviet National, Red Army and Junior national teams and the Montreal Canadiens. In addition, the Trail Memorial Centre hosted the Hockey Canada 2007 World Junior A Challenge which featured the Under 19 National Teams from Russia, Canada, Germany, The USA and Belarus.
- General amenities: wheelchair accessible, 2 sets of washrooms, concession operations
- Cominco Arena - the largest of the two ice surfaces (85' x 200'). This facility has a stadium seating capacity of 2,108 people. There are eight dressing rooms and ample storage facilities available. The facility is primarily used for ice activities in the Fall and Winter whereas during the summer months it is used for large special events, conferences, banquets, and conventions.
- Kids Rink - the smaller of the two ice surfaces (70' x 147'). This ice surface has a small viewing area and is used for various ice activities in the Fall and Winter.
- Cominco Gymnasium - The gymnasium is used for a variety of recreational activities such as basketball, badminton, fitness classes, martial arts, as well as banquets, dances, concerts, and large meetings. The gymnasium is 115' x 60' and has a maximum seating capacity of 600 in the bleachers 500 on the floor (dependent upon event).
- McIntyre & Red Floor Rooms - these are medium sized rooms that are ideal for dance classes, meetings, socials, or birthday parties.
- Racquetball & Squash courts - there is one racquetball court and two squash courts available for drop-in use. Membership and booking information are available by calling the Trail Parks & Recreation Department at 250 364-0858.
- Curling Club
- Trail Public Library
Trail Memorial Centre Hours of Operation
Hours for the Trail Memorial Centre vary depending on the time of year and the activities or events happening in the facility. There are no public offices, other than for Public Skating times, located in the facility. Please call 250 364-0858 or 250 364-0888 for more information.
August to April (approx.)
(subject to ice surface being in)
Monday to Friday
Saturday and Sunday
6:00 am to 11:00 pm
6:00 am to 11:00 pm
April to July (approx.)
(subject to ice surface being out)
Monday to Saturday
7:00 am to 11:00 pm
7:00 am to 3:00 pm
* Please note: the Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to close public access to the facility outside of the stated hours of operation dependent upon activities or events happening in the facility.